Request a Consultation
Thank you so much for a new youthful appearance. Thank you to the anesthetist for keeping me safe and the nursing staff for their expertise and professionalism
— Satisfied Client
Are You a Candidate?
Patients should meet all of the criteria established by the National Institutes of Health:
1) A body mass index (BMI) of 35 or more (about 100 lbs or more over ideal body weight). Use this online calculator to determine your BMI.
2) You are between the ages of 19 and 65
3) Multiple previous weight-loss attempts with diet, exercise, lifestyle changes, or medications.
4) Understand the possible risks, benefits, and side effects of the procedure.
5) Committed to the significant, life-long changes in eating habits and life-style necessary to succeed.
6) Absence of medical, psychiatric, or emotional conditions that would prohibit surgery.
7) Patients must be motivated and have realistic expectations of the surgery. Surgery is only one tool to help you lose weight. The band alone does not solve your obesity problem, but the procedure can be very successful when combined with a commitment to a new, active life-style and better eating habits.
8) Patients are able to follow-up after surgery for advice and band adjustments
9) Do not abuse alcohol or drugs
10) Patients do not have any other disease that may have caused their obesity.
If you are uncertain about your eligibility, we would love to speak with you. To request a consultation, feel free to contact us via this website or call 204-947-6842.
BODY MASS INDEX (BMI)
Body Mass Index (BMI) is measure of body fat based on height and weight that applies to both adult men and women. BMI does not differentiate between body fat and muscle mass. Therefore, body builders and people who have a lot of muscle bulk will have a high BMI but are not overweight or obese.
Severely Obese >35
Morbidly Obese >40
Super Obese >45